* Do you need to have an ID-1 form signed and your identity confirmed? 

If so, a valid ID-1 form is required to verify your identity to HMRC when you are not being represented by a solicitor.  The ID-1 form in Microsoft word form can be found on the HMRC website at the below link:



On this form, you should first complete Section A and then get your identity verified by a notary public, solicitor, barrister, or licensed conveyancer.

I, Kevin Michael Burke, as a notary public in England & Wales, am authorised to verify a person's identity for the ID-1 Form.  In order to verify your identity, you will need to bring with you two identical and recent passport-sized photographs in which your face is clearly visible.

Current identity card 

Take two identical and recent sized photographs,

current valid full passport OR a



  OR make an appointment with HMRC

If you need to complete and sign an ID1 form, we can help you.


We charge a fixed fee of £75 for this service.

What is an ID1 form?

An ID1 form certifies your identity. It is typically needed during property transactions to protect against identity fraud. If you have instructed a legal professional to help you with the conveyancing process, or other property-related matter, they will take care of this for you. However, if you do not have legal representation, you must complete an ID1 form yourself.

Examples of when an ID1 form might be needed include –

  • The purchase or sale of a property or parcel of land. (Please note that you do not need to complete this form if the value of the land involved in the disposal does not exceed £6,000).

  • The transfer, surrender or grant of a lease

  • Compulsory first registration

  • Mortgage registration

  • Discharge of mortgage


How to get an ID1 form?

To get an ID1 form through our firm, you need to download the form from the gov.uk website. You need to fill in section A. Then, you need to make an appointment with myself as a notary public or another approved type of professional.  As a notary public, I am authorised to carry out this service.


When you attend the appointment, you need to take the ID-1 form, two recent passport-sized colour photographs and one of the following:

  • Current valid passport

  • Current photo driving licence

  • Current Biometric Residence Permit


Or alternatively, you can take two of the following:

  • a bank statement not less than three months old (which must be a postal statement, not an electronic statement)

  • a council tax bill for the year

  • a council rent book showing payments for the past three months

  • a mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended (which must be a postal statement, not an electronic statement)

  • a current firearm or shotgun certificate


The notary or other legal professional then completes section B of the form. Once it is signed and dated, your ID1 form is ready to be sent to HM Land Registry. We will keep a copy of your evidence of identity and the form because the Land Registry will contact us shortly after it has received the ID1 Form to obtain confirmation as to the act of identification.

How long is an ID1 form valid?

Once you have a signed and dated an ID1 form, it is valid for three months. After this date, you must get another ID1 form, if the need for one arises.

Our Services

WYSIWYG KMB atty img.png


Our legal services in 

England & Wales :




Please note that our services provided as an English notary public are very different from the service we provide as a commissioner of oaths in England & Wales.

Generally, the amount of work performed in acting as a commissioner of oaths in England & Wales in taking an oath is far less complex and time-consuming than is the case where a notarisation is required.

Please note that where you need documents to be recognised and effective abroad, then it is a notarisation which is to be performed.  Please note that If you need to send a document to be notarised in Australia or New Zealand or elsewhere in the Commonwealth, please note that the certification of a commissioner for oaths is generally not the equivalent of a notarised document and will likely be rejected in the United Kingdom. 

Our US federal legal services we

can provide nationally​:


Save for the US federal legal services identified above, a US lawyer can only provide legal assistance to others in accordance with the law of the state or states where he or she is licensed. 


Kevin Michael Burke is a qualified lawyer in the states of Florida and Ohio.  

If you need legal assistance for matters involving the law of US states other than Florida or Ohio, we cannot assist you and you will need to search online for a lawyer referral service in that US state to find a lawyer. 



Our US state legal services we can provide in Florida and Ohio matters:


Florida legal services:


OHIO legal services:

       Ohio legal opinions